Here’s my list of things that I loved, hated and didn’t understand about Barfii!. Caveat lector — there may be spoilers ahead so if you haven’t watched the movie then probably its good idea to stop here.
What I loved about it —
1. Ranbir Kapoor, he is simply brilliant. His antics to get Illeana D’Cruz to love him are heart warming. And when he realizes that they are not meant to be with each other his anger and sadness is palpable.
2. The location according to movie its Darjeeling, and its shot beautifully. I should visit it sometime!
3. It’s background score. I am still humming it.
4. Ranbir Kapoor & Saurabh Shukla‘s antics are going to make you go ROFL. And they do remind you a lot of Charlie Chaplin’s antics.
5. The movie shifts through 1972, 1978 and present day effortlessly without making me lose focus or get confused. Reminded me of how Love Aaj Kal did the same thing beautifully.
What I hated about it —
1. Intermission and all the Vicco advertisements thrown in my face.
What I didn’t understand about it —
1. In 1972 Ranbir Kapoor is a around 25 years old young lad and Saurabh Shukla is pot-bellied police man, probably of Rabbit’s fathers age, who chases him around. But in present day Ranbir is shown much older to Saurabh Shukla and even dies before him. I told you there were spoilers ahead but you didn’t listen to me!
Image credits: Barfi! poster